Ask an expert

17 Nov 2004

allergic to so much-what can i take?
i have just had a kidney infection and the hospital gave me Ciprobay--only to realize that i am allergic!! they gave me a Fennegan injection ,which made it much better .i am now on Rubimycin-250 ,thing is im also allergic to:penicillin,morphine,ophiates,sulphas. is there other other medication i should be carefull of?is Panado the safest i can take for a hadache?i also would like to know about the surgery they want me to have-they want to change the length of the bladder pipes,because i have reflux-how is this done?and is it safe,any complications?
Answer 376 views

01 Jan 0001

Jo, it is impossible for me to list all the medicines you can safely take. The best would be to tell everyone you’re allergic to quinolones, penicillin, opiates and sulphas before take any medicines. If you want to try a stronger painkiller than Panado® you can try something like Tramacet®
The operation involves cutting out the excess “tube” and joining it again. This is usually done via a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery). Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9360 votes
67% - 19293 votes