Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Jul 2005
Thank you for your valued reply Doc. In your view, what can I do to get rid of this allergy. My history with it: - I was 35 when it started and after numerous tests, skin prick tests, blood test (pages full) visiting a skin specialist in Durban, nothing is any clearer to me than the day it started - 9 years ago. I have 2 friends with the same problem, the one residing in the same town as me (Richards Bay) and one in Gauteng. I know how desperate they are and told them about the bicarb I take. I have looked up sites on the Internet - and tried to bring together acidity and allergy, but somehow it has not been discovered - or I cannot find it? Do you know of any LINK between the two?
BT, I know that if the acidity is high you might be more prone to skin irritation, but I know of no scientific study on using bicarb to treat allergies. On the other hand, just because I don’t know of any studies it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t work. In the end the proof is in the pudding and it is a relatively safe treatment. Hopefully it will work for your friends too. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
- ‘It was always there’: German envoy Martin Schäfer remembers Shoah survivor Veronica Phillips
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19423 votes