Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Jul 2005
Thank you for your valued reply Doc. In your view, what can I do to get rid of this allergy. My history with it: - I was 35 when it started and after numerous tests, skin prick tests, blood test (pages full) visiting a skin specialist in Durban, nothing is any clearer to me than the day it started - 9 years ago. I have 2 friends with the same problem, the one residing in the same town as me (Richards Bay) and one in Gauteng. I know how desperate they are and told them about the bicarb I take. I have looked up sites on the Internet - and tried to bring together acidity and allergy, but somehow it has not been discovered - or I cannot find it? Do you know of any LINK between the two?
BT, I know that if the acidity is high you might be more prone to skin irritation, but I know of no scientific study on using bicarb to treat allergies. On the other hand, just because I don’t know of any studies it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t work. In the end the proof is in the pudding and it is a relatively safe treatment. Hopefully it will work for your friends too. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes