Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Feb 2004
Allergy in baby
my baby of 6 months has a dry irritating cough after drinking some baby purity fruit juices namely the pear and prune variety, it says on the box it need not be diluted but i dilute it half parts with water as it is the water we are trying to make her drink more than the juice, do u think she is allergic to the fruit juice? if so does this mean we cannot give her the fresh fruit either? what do i do to get her to drink plain cooled boiled water without having to add the fruit juice to sweeten it? she is on Infasoy two bottles a day and the rest of the day she has breast milk so i do not know how important water in the diet is at this age of 6 months?
FJ, I doubt that she is allergic to the fruit juice, but I suppose it’s possible. The best would be to give her just water for two weeks and see what happens. If it clears up, slowly reintroduce the fruit juice and if the coughing returns, it is due to the juice, this will mean she is allergic to the specific juice and not necessarily to all other juices and fruits. If it doesn’t clear up, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- Striking SAA pilots could have had almost R1bn now if they agreed to settle, leaked doc shows
- Storm in a teacup? Rooibos farmers fear the worst as they await price fate
- ANC deputy chief whip called a “fool” by EFF MPL
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19907 votes