Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Jan 2004
I have been suffering from an allergic reactions since December. Have taken cortizone tablets and anti-histamine, but the allegy returns after a week or so. The skin breaks into big welts or hives, and my GP is buffled by this. A blood test in Dec. showed allergy to shell fish, but I have not had sefood period for a time now, and the problem persits. I live in Pretoria and was wondering if you can proovide me with the name of an allergy specialist I can consult.
Lerato, I live in Pretoria and will only be able to refer you to someone around here. If you live somewhere else, you will have to ask your GP. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Espresso, Americano, or decaf? Desire for a particular coffee driven by genetic code
- Long Covid: How rehabilitation programmes may be needed to get patients back on track
- There is no basis 'to ask for a postponement of the elections' - IEC chair
- 20 years later: Pick n Pay’s failed retail pharmacy strategy
- Melanie Verwoerd | Eish! What is Ace up to?
- ANC to play 'leading role' in 60th anniversary of uMkhonto we Sizwe
- What impact will the B.1.617.2 variant have on SA's third wave? We ask 3 experts
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20283 votes