Ask an expert

26 Jan 2004

Angina type pain
Hello Doc
My husband has been experiencing chest pain sometimes with exercise and sometimes at rest. All diagnostic tests have been normal but he still gets the pain and is now going for an angiogram. Is this not too drastic?
Answer 349 views

01 Jan 0001

Lace, depending on his age and risk profile, it might be the wise thing to do. I doubt that the cardiologist would do an angiogram if he didn’t think that there might be a possibility of ischaemic heart disease. If you’re interested in something I wrote on the “non heart” causes of chest pain, you’re welcome to contact me at Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20005 votes