Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Mar 2004
LAST NIGHT I HAD A PAIN AROUND MY ANUS FOR AN HOUR. THE PAIN IS NOT SHARP,MORE A DULL ACHE BUT SIMILAR TO HEAVY BRUISING PAIN. THE PAIN WENT AWAY. THIIS HAPPENED IN DEC LAST YEAR ALSO. I NEARLY WENT TO THE LOCAL CLINIC AT 3AM THE PAIN IS SO UNCOMFORTABLE. MY BOWEL MOVEMENTS ARE NORMAL. I AM A 40 YR OLD FEMALE NOT ON ANY OTHER MEDICATION. I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS.
Worried, it is difficult to say what the problem is without examining you first, but it sounds like you might have haemorrhoids or an anal tear. The best would be to see your doctor and have him take a look, but if you want to try something first, you can try Anusol®. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Lockdowns can reduce the severity of Covid-19 epidemics – and genetic evidence proves it
- How to actually fix a lost voice, according to science (hint: lemon and honey doesn’t work)
- How to make sense of nutrition labels
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- New African Bank CEO is 'back to complete the unfinished business of transformation in SA banking'
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19974 votes