Ask an expert

18 Nov 2004

anxiety attacks
My son is having 'anxiety attacks' which are caused by stress -
is it bad to have these and how can he 'avoid' having them ? - he says his heart pumps extremely fast and he starts perspiring.
Answer 371 views

01 Jan 0001

Dee, the best would be for him to see a psychologist. She will teach him to handle situations that will cause an anxiety attack. Before you do this you should just have him checked by your GP as there are physical disorders that may cause anxiety attacks too (not to mention symptoms that just look like anxiety attacks). Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9365 votes
67% - 19346 votes