Ask an expert

14 Nov 2006

Hi Doc I am 38 year old male and suffer from arthritis in four of my fingers , my doc has said not much he can do other that give me meds but that does not seem to help I am worried as in the morning they are very stiff and find if difficult top get the moving properly also worried about work as this is having an effect as I have to rest due to the server paid in my fingers . what do I do in 5 years time if this gets worse can not afford to go on pension i am too young !!!
Answer 348 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear help
At your age you should see a rheumatologist and get disease altering drugs - you want to prevent damage to the joints, not just keep the pain away. Look on under medical for one near you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.