Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Jul 2005
I suffer from lower pack pain. According to the radiologists I have a narrowing between disks L5/S. I do computor work and therefor sit for long periods of time. Ive been to physiotherapist but relief is only for a short while. Other advise is that I must get up from my desk for short periods of time. Could you please advice - maybe some exercise.
SOP, the best would be to do exercises to strengthen your stomach muscles. The physio should be able to show you which ones are safe and how to do them. You should also get a good chair with good back support and try to sit a closely as possible to your keyboard. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Covid-19: Men create more antibodies after asymptomatic infections and keep them for longer – new research
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
- 'My heart broke in half' - Miguel Louw's mother, sister speak of their emotional turmoil
- ANC ward meeting marred by pandemonium and violence as pangas fly
- Some members of committee tasked with re-establishing ANC youth wing tainted, warns analyst
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9427 votes
68% - 19893 votes