Ask an expert

22 Jul 2008

Bladder Infection
Dear Doc,
During 2006 I met really special person in my life the relationship matured, to a point where we had to take it further. We booked ourselves to do HIV test which were both negative. After some months in the relatioship after sleeping with my partner I would have uti,go to a doctor and it will clear up,I believe during that year I had it three times. But I just decided to terminate the relationship because I felt something was not right. After that I was left with a painful bladder, spasm in my inner thighs and terrible pain, the funny part was that when I urinate the urine seemed normal,but my doc took it to the lab and thel ab found I had a lot of blood, trace of leucocyte esterase and bacteria. She send me to a urologist who put me on micriodantins and other medications at first it was fine this pills minimised the pain,and I urinated darkbrown urine,but after that the pain was still there i did another urineanalysis the same things was still there, it was in 2007, until the urologist decides to book me a cystoscopy this year Jan 2008, I went for the procedure he found nothing, then he said I should do a CT scan which i did the finding was that I was a nullip void patient. At least after that I could go on without drinking any painkiller, after two months the pain come over again. I dont know what to do, but the funny part is that when I drink painkillers the pain subsides,but doesnt get to the real problem please advice what should I do cos I can' t seem to wear stretch jeans nor pantyhoses, again I tested for the HIV and I am negative. Since 2006 I am not sexually active.
Answer 394 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Lebone
It sounds to me as you have a type of chronic pelvic pain condition. Is the bladder bleeding and infection at least solved?
I think you should
1. go to a physiotherapist experienced in pelvic pain syndromes ( ask around ) , as sometimes this pain is caused by spasms of the deep pelvic muscles and they need to examine you for this - this is treatable with physiotherapy and medication
2. You should have a good gynecological examination to exclude endometriosis

Let me know what the feedback is?
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.