Ask an expert

11 Nov 2006

Blisters on finger
Hi Doc/ anybody outhere

I need your advise desperately. My husband has got some sort of eczema on his middle finger - but it only surface every now and then. I don't know what to do anymore.

It starts of as small (very tiny) blisters and then once the blisters burst open the itch starts until it sort of peels and then it starts healing. During this time it is extremely painfull. We have used numerous creams (mylocort, vit E, moisturerer etc) this only seems to ease the symptoms, but does not cure the cause.

What to do? This is the only place he gets it and also only on the first bend of the finger, you know in the crack sort of thing. I know you might say that he needs to go see a dermatogolist, but there is simply just no money for that. Can you perhaps also give a cause for this, or what it is called.

Thank you for your advise, it is highly appreciated.
Answer 428 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Minx
It sure sounds like a weeping eczema and could be caused by something he is allergic to that he comes into contact with. A cortisone cream should help - try Betnovate.
Just let a GP or pharmacist look at the blisters to ensure that it is not a herpes virus infection or something serious.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.