Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
29 Feb 2004
blood after stools
Hi doc, I have noticed blood on the toilet paper after passing stools, for the last 2 years. Originally I thought I may have eaten something sharp that cut inside, but it never really healed. It feels slightley sore inside when I go to the toilet, as if my rectum skin is thin, but its only a little bit of blood, small spots on the toilet paper. Do I need to see a doctor?
Lou, it is probably due to haemorrhoids or a small anal fissure, but it might be due to something more serious like cancer. The best would be to see your doctor and make sure. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca Covid vaccines increases mild side effects, early results show
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets underway countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- Serjeant at the Bar | The JSC should not claim it can preserve the legitimacy of the judicial system
- No guarantees load shedding will stop on Tuesday as Eskom returns power to some units
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20327 votes