Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
18 Dec 2004
BLUE TOE NAIL
About 2 months ago, i noticed that the nail of my big toe of my left foot was blue on the one side (like when you bumped it). I did not bump the toe and also do not wear tight fitting shoes. I mostly wear sandals. I painted the toe with nail polish because it did not look nice. I just kept on painting over the nail. 3 Days ago I wanted to take off the nail polis properly and then I noticed that the whole toe nail is blue (like bleeding under the nail) except a spot in the middle of the toe. The toe is not sore or tender at all.
Gina, it might be due to bleeding, but it might also be due to a fungal infection or even something else. I can’t really say what the problem is without being able to examine you, so the best would be too see your GP and have him sort it out for you. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Long Covid: How rehabilitation programmes may be needed to get patients back on track
- THE ESKOM FILES | WaBenzi and a house on Jamaican Music Street: Eskom exec's charmed life
- Magashule attempt to suspend Ramaphosa: 'People from other countries were calling' - Duarte
- Atul Gupta says Home Affairs records show no legal reasons for passport denial
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | We'd be a lot better off if social issues were as important as profit
- Talks with investors will reduce Rebosis' debt levels significantly - Sisa Ngebulana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20281 votes