Ask an expert

31 Mar 2006

I have had lumps in my breasts since the age of 32 I am now 38 and have to go for a scan on a 6 monthly basis, however i am no longer on a medical aid and have not been for a scan for over a year. At the last scan their were approximately 7 lumps with the biggest one measuring 16mm x 10mm, I have recently started experiencing pins and needles in my right arm and have detected more lumps in the right breast. I reside in Kwa Zulu Natal and do not know who to see for a scan and/or mammogram. Please advise whether this is serious enough to warrant a hospital visit and if so who will help me. I do not have the necessary funds for expensive hospitals. Thank you for your kind assistance.
Answer 379 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Dee
I think the cheapest for you will be to go to your nearest provincial hospital and ask the doctor in Outpatients to organize a mammogram and or sonar for you. I think you should keep an eye on these lumps.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.