Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Jul 2005
I am not sure if you can advise me, but I woild still be grateful for your comments. I have very sensitive skin and it has taken two courses of Roaccutane to finally sort out my acne problem. Now I have developed several areas with broken capillaries on my nose. I religiously apply sunblock and do my best to stay out of the sun. What can be the cause of these broken capillaries and could you recommend a treatment please?
Karen, it might be due to irritation/inflammation or thin skin. The best would be to protect the skin as you’re doing and if it doesn’t clear up, to see your dermatologist. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
- 'My heart broke in half' - Miguel Louw's mother, sister speak of their emotional turmoil
- ANC ward meeting marred by pandemonium and violence as pangas fly
- Some members of committee tasked with re-establishing ANC youth wing tainted, warns analyst
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9426 votes
68% - 19889 votes