Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Jan 2004
Broken off nipples
Hi.Im in my early twenties & been having this problem for a couple of years now. Its strange but my nipples seem to break off. Its the small tip part that cracks, my underwear probably irritates it and it eventually falls off. Its kinda painful and gross to look at. I went to the doctor and she just came me cream. Im I normal coz I neva heard anyone else with this complaint before.I also have hair growing around my nipples, chest and stomach area.Its embarrassing, especially in my personal life.I'm scared as it mite affect breastfeeding one day.Please HELP!
Worried, it might be due to irritation, but it might also be due to an infection or a form of eczema. There is a very small chance that it’s a form of cancer called Paget’s disease of the nipple and that’s why getting a second opinion is a good idea. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Energy drink habit puts man in hospital with heart failure
- Frequently interrupted sleep increases the risk of death, especially in women
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- App allows users to report adverse effects from medicines, including Covid-19 vaccines
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- Cape Town inferno: Maintenance of fire site a centuries-old debate
- PP apologises to judge she attacked over Gordhan interdict, as she defends 'Rogue Unit' report
- Road Accident Fund wants 102 law firms probed for not returning R340m sent 'by mistake'
- The 'decisive decade': World leaders mull over Earth's last hope to beat climate crisis
- What can we expect from local government elections? We ask 3 analysts
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9441 votes
68% - 20045 votes