Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
14 Dec 2002
burning sensation in mouth
hi, my mom suffers from a burning sensation inside her mouth almost every day along with fatigue (which is often severe). she works at a scientific institute which uses formaldehyde all the time but recent tests indicate no formaldehyde poisoning.what else could it possibly be? according to her Dr she is in good health except for slightly high cholesterol levels(which is also a puzzle as she is a very health conscious vegetarian) This has been going on for more than a year and recently some of her colleagues have been complaining of strange symptoms too. Do you have any ideas? Also, if her Dr remains at a loss who should she turn to?
Tracy, I don’t have any answers for you, but I think a specialist physician might be able to help. At least he should be able to tell her whether it is due to poisoning and exactly what the mechanism is (neurological, metabolic, etc). Whatever she does, she shouldn’t just leave it as it might lead to irreversible problems. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Lockdowns can reduce the severity of Covid-19 epidemics – and genetic evidence proves it
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- How to actually fix a lost voice, according to science (hint: lemon and honey doesn’t work)
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- New African Bank CEO is 'back to complete the unfinished business of transformation in SA banking'
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19971 votes