Ask an expert

01 Jul 2010

my GP has not been able to sort out my candida on my tongue, who do you suggest i go and see, is there perhaps a certain doc that specialises in Candida?
Answer 357 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo mike
You may have an underlying immunity problem,so ask your doctor to check your full blood count. I also think that one should probably take a swab of the mouth and send it to the lab, maybe the problem is not Candida. You can see any physician or just get a second opinion at another GP? Persistant candida infections can be caused by HIV - have you been tested?
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.