Ask an expert

21 Jan 2004

I was dumped last month by my girlfriend who happens to be pregnant and the baby is mine.The reason for her dumping was that one day late at night she phoned me being sick, but I could not be there because I was far away, and suggested that she must look for a nearby transport that can help.

The following day she phoned me to say she doesnt need anything from me (she is unemployed) with regard to the child, she will find her way out, for bringing up the child ,but she doesnt want my support at all. Again I was told that I wont even see that child when born (April).

So I phoned her parents about the matter then they said they will speak to her and come back to me.Until this far I have not had any positive respone from them.
My problem is she is denying me to see the baby and take part in its development when the baby comes to the world, and I really want to support my baby, but she does not want anything to do with me.
I dont know whether is she using this as a form of punishment to me / what? I dont understand that how come that she is not employed but she denies me the right to support the child, how is she going to take care of the child?.Or is she going to sue me for maintanance later on, and how am I going to deal with these maintanance issue, since I want to support my child in every aspect of life, not only give him a certin portion of my support, but my 100% support without courts interferring.
I just want to move on with my life and forget about these, but at the same time I think it will be as if I am the bad person who does not take care of his baby.
Please give me any advise.
Answer 445 views

01 Jan 0001

MMM, hopefully she’s just angry and will come o her senses within the next couple of days. The courts will not order you to maintenance and refuse you access to your child, so don’t worry about that. The best would be to be patient and hopefully every thing will work out fine. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.