Ask an expert

20 Mar 2007

Chest pain while moving and should pain

I've had this issue for over two years now, but it never was (and still isn't) serious enough that I thought it necessary to consult anyone about it. My issue is I have chest pain (it feels like my ribs and breastbone are pushing against each other) whenever I move at certain angels i.e. if I twist my upper body or I move my arms over my head. Also, my right shoulder started paining recently, and I noticed that my left shoulder is wider than my right shoulder by about 1-2 centimeters. Surely the pain and disparity in the width of my shoulders can't be growth pains? I'm a 21 year old male.
Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Answer 418 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Fitz
Yes you may have injured or dislocated one of the joints between the ribs and the breastbone at some point in time - I think you should let a GP have a look and do an x/ray if needed. You may have to see an orthopod before this gets worse.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19959 votes