Ask an expert

18 Apr 2006

Chest pains
Hi, my boyfriend is 25 years old and often gets chest pains that is really painful. I am really worried about it. I've noticed that it mainly happens when he's stressed or after we've had a fight. I'm just worried that it's serious. My aunt use to get chest pains like that and she had angina and had a heart bypass, although she's quite old. I didn't think that would be the case since he's only 25. I think the pains are sometimes in the middle of his chest or slighty to the side, but quite high up, above his nipples. Please could you tell me if you think this is something to worry about and what we can do to prevent these pains.
Answer 404 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Girlfriend
Even at 25 I think that chest pains need to be checked out with at least an ECG and bloodtests. He can use Biral 2 3 times a day when stressed.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19330 votes