Ask an expert

10 Mar 2004

My husband is 35 years old with a stressful job and a hectic life in general. There's nothing specifically wrong, but he's never been to a doctor for anything worse than the flu! I want him to go for a complete physical, but don't have much faith in our GP. Can I make an appointment with a specialist for this and which kind of specialist? Do I need a referal from a GP for this, or can we make an appointment ourselves?
Answer 445 views

01 Jan 0001

Carien, you can make the appointment yourself. The specialist he needs to see is a specialist physician. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.