Ask an expert

24 Jul 2008

Constant sweating

I have a problem, I am using the top of the range under arm gel but nothing seems to work. My habds are constantly wet which leaves me in an awkward position when shaking peoples hands or teying to hold slippery objects.

I do not know what to do, and it is very embarassing, what is wrong with me?
Answer 351 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Tyron
You may have hyperhidrosis - try Driclor or Perspirex or Probanthine tablets
If all else fails one can try Botox in selected areas or have an operation called sympatectomy
Read more on:
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19977 votes