Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Jan 2004
Cronic Bladder infection
My son is 8 years old. His got bladder infection on a constant basis. Feb last year they have done a sistogram and scope to determine if they have to inject macroplastique if the valve is not working. It has shown that the valve is working (at that stage.) Six month later he started again complaining of pain during urination and a pain in his backside. They have done unine and blood tests and an organism called interbactro came out of there test. They have put him for three weeks on antibiotics (Macrodantin and Amoxil). 6 weeks later and now we are back to square one. The prelim unrine report (MKS) has shown a bactria count of 20 his got fever again and alo complains if he has to urinate. I have to mention that every time he swims in a swimming pool with chlorine his ill afterwards. I feel sorry for him and needs a opinion on what else can we done except for medicine every 3-5 months.
Erasmus, something is definitely the matter here, but it’s difficult to say what without being able to examine him. It might be due to an abnormality of bladder lining or the kidneys (it wouldn’t have shown up on the cystogram). The best would probably be to get a second opinion from a different urologist and see what he says. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- OPINION | Pilgrimage in a pandemic: Lessons from Mecca on containing Covid-19
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Some Covid-19 'long-haulers' showing signs of fatigue, mood disorders three months after infection
- 'It was hell' - daughter of KwaSizabantu preacher speaks out about abusive childhood
- ANALYSIS | Cyril Ramaphosa's fight against corruption can't be taken seriously while budgets are cut
- Massive police deployment in Western Cape crime hotspots could be costing SA millions
- Karyn Maughan | Zondo Commission cash crunch puts brakes on state capture prosecutions
- EXPLAINER | Why SAA receivership doesn't need to be solvent
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20294 votes