Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Jan 2004
Cronic Bladder infection
My son is 8 years old. His got bladder infection on a constant basis. Feb last year they have done a sistogram and scope to determine if they have to inject macroplastique if the valve is not working. It has shown that the valve is working (at that stage.) Six month later he started again complaining of pain during urination and a pain in his backside. They have done unine and blood tests and an organism called interbactro came out of there test. They have put him for three weeks on antibiotics (Macrodantin and Amoxil). 6 weeks later and now we are back to square one. The prelim unrine report (MKS) has shown a bactria count of 20 his got fever again and alo complains if he has to urinate. I have to mention that every time he swims in a swimming pool with chlorine his ill afterwards. I feel sorry for him and needs a opinion on what else can we done except for medicine every 3-5 months.
Erasmus, something is definitely the matter here, but it’s difficult to say what without being able to examine him. It might be due to an abnormality of bladder lining or the kidneys (it wouldn’t have shown up on the cystogram). The best would probably be to get a second opinion from a different urologist and see what he says. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- How to make sense of nutrition labels
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- 'Hlophe should not only be impeached, he should be put in prison' - Kriegler
- Family finally gets justice 10 years after their three-year-old boy drowned at a North West lodge
- Meet Soweto's 'cemetery navigators' - the men attending to dilapidated graves
- High risks or picky banks: Why is microfinance not taking off in SA?
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Judge Dennis Davis: ‘To accuse the judiciary of being captured is outrageous’
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19981 votes