Ask an expert

03 Apr 2006

Hi, i am a 26 your old woman and I have a cyst on the side of my face on the jaw line close to my ear its probably the size of a five rand coin and its problem not even a centimeter high. My question is do i need to go in for surgery or is it something that can be drained

thanx Lianna
Answer 402 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Lianna
I think it must be drained by a surgeon otherwise it can make an abcess and leave an ugly mark.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.