Ask an expert

25 Jul 2008

Cyst on Penis
Dear Doc,

I have been getting cysts on my scrotum and penis for about a year now. Would u suggest using Fucidin as the best possible way of making them go away? How can I make them go away and stop coming back? Why have they suddenly started to develop and am I faced with the prospect of having them for the rest of my life? Also I know what causes them (blockage of the hair duct) but it there anyway I can prevent them as they are painfull and unsightly to say the least. And when do u have to use surgery? I have had one thats turned into a lump almost and it reared up again the other day... its still a lump and I have had it for 9 months plus. Should I see a doctor about this or just accept it?
Answer 1,219 views

01 Jan 0001


Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you consult a GP, in order to examine the area and to determine the spesific cause for these cysts. He/she will then have to treat the cause in order to resolve the problem. If necessary, he/she will also be able to drain these cysts.

Please note that you can continue using Fucidin to alleviate the symptoms.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19364 votes