Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Jul 2005
My uncle lives with us and he has been on dagga for most of his life. His attitude is that God put dagga here for it to be smoked! and that it is a natural herb so it cant be bad. We have noticed that he gets aggressive, makes up stories ect and does not realise it. We cant talk to him about it and speaking to a professional is out. We have found his "stash" and would like to know what can we mix with it that is safe to make it taste alwful or just put him off it.
Desperate niece, I don’t know of something that you can mix with it to make him go off it. It is very difficult to make a druggie stop if he doesn’t want to. Maybe the best would be to go straight to the professionals and get there input. Why don’t you try narcotics anonymous at http://www.na.org.za ? Let me know if they couldn’t help and I’ll do my best to try and find out. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Covid: A distorted sense of smell is dangerous but treatable
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19431 votes