Ask an expert

29 Jan 2004

Depression medication

I was wondering if I person could recieve medication for depression (eg. cilift) from a government hospital. I am not on medical aid.
I know getting Cilift from a pharmacy costs about R300 but I am in alot of debt and I can't afford the medication.
I feel I need it and I don't really know what to do. I felt stronger and able to handle life better when I was on the medication... now I'm back to crying all the time for stupid things and i just hide away from the world.
Thank you
Answer 428 views

01 Jan 0001

Depressed, I’m not sure that they will be able to give you Cilift®, but they will be able to give you something for depression that falls within the same class of drugs. Good luck.
PS, I’m sorry I took so long to answer your question, but all the answers posted in reply to questions posted on the 29th somehow got lost in Cyberspace. Here it is again.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.