Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
30 Nov 2004
Depression or yuppie flu??
As I have not being feeling myself lately, I wenbt to see the doctor. I explained my symptoms to him (detailed hereunder), and he suggested depression. Blood test were done as a precausion, which came back normal. The symptoms include extreme tiredness, lack of concentration, chest pains in stressfull situations, sensitivity to light, headaches, tummy cramps and constipation, sore thoat and constant thirst. A friend joked this morning and said that it sounds like I am suffering from yuppie flu. I am so sick and tired or not being myself, as I am generally a vibrant person. Please suggest something!!
S&T, if you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you something I wrote on the DIY diagnosis of depression. I have to say that light sensitivity, a sore throat and constant thirst are not really typical symptoms of depression and maybe the best would be to see a specialist physician for a second opinion. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid variants have changed the game - vaccines won't be enough. We need global ‘maximum suppression’
- A third of Covid survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders, a new study finds
- Are people who had Covid-19 more likely to develop blood clots? Study finds out
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- Unwanted weight gain or weight loss during the pandemic? Blame your stress hormones
- Karyn Maughan | Hlophe found guilty of impeachable misconduct, does not guarantee his removal
- Ramaphosa under pressure to account for alleged role in Eskom’s troubles
- Hawks close in on Mahlobo over parallel spy structure
- Alleged irregularities in Unisa’s R3 million accommodation deal probed
- 'Hit list' worries ANC in Eastern Cape
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9422 votes
68% - 19861 votes