Ask an expert

13 Aug 2010

Diebetes &amp  Rash On Genitals
Hi, i just wanted to find out wether the itchy and very painfull rash on my private part could be the result of Diabetes, I always use protection when engaging in sex so im hoping its not an STI. Furthermore my Father has Type 1 and my Mother has Type 2 diabetes, could this increase my chances of having the desease and what do i do about the rash and the peieces of broken skin on my penis. lastly my groin now has developed a small lump not far from the skin rash itself.
Answer 451 views

01 Jan 0001


I suggest that you consult a doctor to test for diabetes and to have a full STD screen done. Diabetes can however, cause a Candida yeast infection. You do have a strong family history of diabetes and it can therefore, in fact increase your chances of getting this disease.

In the interim you can try Apor cream (applied twice daily for at least seven days) to see if it alleviates your symptoms.


Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.