Ask an expert

05 Aug 2008

Do i need ARV&#39 s?
Hi I had a condom break while having sex with a sex worker and im very worried about this. Where can I go for ARV' s and what is the cost of these?
Answer 431 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Very_worried
You need to start taking ARV's as soon as possible if you think the contact may be HIV positive - most private hospitals will have preventative treatment available in the Casualty department, or you can go to your nearest HIV clinic at the nearest provincial hospital or your municipal clinic. Cost would depend on the brand of medications they prescribe. see also
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.