Ask an expert

13 Mar 2007

Hi Doc, My 18y old son has been smoking from +/- 16y. He is in matric this year. Because he has behavioral problems I had him tested for drugs at the GP. It was a urine test, which was clean. He gets demonic attacks (he says), which I think can be drug related. Is there any other test that can be done to clarify if he is using drugs or not?

Answer 493 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Teeny
You could ask your doctor to do a blood screening test for the most common drugs. The most sensitive test will be a hairsample test but you will have to find out from a lab near you if they can do this.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.