Ask an expert

17 Dec 2002

Dry cough
Hello.I've just gotten over a bout of flu.But now I'm left with a dry irritating cough.Sometimes I cough up phlegm. It's very painful. What can I do to alleviate the pain and make the cough go away?
Answer 354 views

01 Jan 0001

Coughing, if there is no infection left anymore, the best would be to ask your doctor to prescribe you asthma medicine like Seretide®. This will open your lungs and suppress the inflammation that causes the chronic cough. It’s fairly expensive, but it’s very effective. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.