Ask an expert

09 Aug 2008

Ecessive Sweating help
I am 18 years old and have been suffering from Hyperhidrosis for a few years now. My doctor perscribed Drysol for me and I tried it but when I used it it burned my armpits for days and they stayed red for over a week. I have tried many Anti-persperant Deoderants and nothing seems to help. I am sick of wearing either just tank tops or white t shirts. Is there any advice you can give me that will help? Are there any new persriptions that may help. (the Drysol did stop me from sweating for a bout a week but I couldnt move my arms because they hurt so bad so I didnt find it worth it..)
Answer 372 views

01 Jan 0001


Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you have botox injections under your armpits, as this will alleviate the sweating for a period of six months.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9360 votes
67% - 19293 votes