Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
26 Nov 2005
Eligibility for Inferon Beta (AVONEX)
I have heard that one doesn't qualify for Inferon Beta treatment unless one has had THREE (3) attacks of Multiple Sclerosis and there is Radiological evidence (even though 5 percent of patients with Multiple Sclerosis, particularly "galloping MS", will NEVER have a positive MRI). Is this correct ? Is this an eligibility criteria of the Medical Aid schemes or of the pharmaceutical industry ?
Jacklyn, I have no idea. I have forwarded your question to a friend of mine that specialises in MS – hopefully he will be able to help. Please repost this question by the end of the week so that I have somewhere to post his reply. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- Covid-19 infection indoors: This app can tell you how long it will take to catch the virus
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Zama Ndlovu | How men with money are ruining politics for the rest of us
- Sifiso Ntombela | SA needs 'inclusive agricultural growth', but what does that mean?
- EXPLAINER | What we know about the day the Coka brothers were killed on an Mpumalanga farm
- INTERVIEW | PSG’s Mouton on executive pay: 'The greatest CEOs, you cannot pay enough'
- Green light for Hlophe participation in Western Cape High Court interviews after Winde agrees to attend
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20022 votes