Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Dec 2004
embarressed-blood post operation
in october I had an operation to remove my endometriosis. After the op I have been have severe abdominal cramps before I need to go to the toilet. My faeces have been very mucousy. yesterday when I went to the loo, my faeces was surrounded by lots of blood. when I wiped myself there was blood as well, just a little. I am confused by all of this. Is it normal after an op? My cramps are terrible.
Lee, it is definitely not normal after an operation, but it doesn’t have to be due to the operation – it might just be due to something else like haemorrhoids. The problem is that it might be due to the operation or endometriosis of the bowel and that is why the best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- What the latest findings on the 501Y.V2 Covid variant mean for the development of vaccines
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- REFLECTION | Covid-19: How the basic education dept weathered the Covid-19 storm
- Prof Karim reflects on a year of Covid-19: 'We were sailing a ship while building it'
- Covid-19: PPE scandals that crippled South Africa's fight against Covid-19
- One year on: The icons Covid-19 took from SA sport
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19404 votes