Ask an expert

17 Jul 2006

Hi Doc

I have to go see an Endocrinologist for hormones. How are they different to a normal docter and what should i expect, is it like a gynae appoinment? What kind of test do they do

Answer 406 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Wondering
They just specilize in gland dysfunctions - e.g. diabetes, thyroid problems, etc. They will examine your very much the same as your GP or a physician but may draw blood and send you for things like sonars, MRI's or x/rays.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.