Ask an expert

31 Jul 2007

Enlarged chest bone
Hi, my 13 year old son's chest bone sticks out on the right hand side. It isn't flat like on the left. I have taken him for x-rays and my GP says that's the way it has grown and there is nothing we can do. He has also said it might get worse as he grows older. Please can you advise.
Many thanks
Answer 2,750 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Susan
Please get a second opinion from an orthopod - he is still growing and they may be able to fix this with braces or a small operation.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19310 votes