Ask an expert

12 Apr 2006

Hi doc

a Few weeks ago I wrote to you about my husband being sick. Fomiting, bleeding from urine and stools, fatigue, headaches etc. Since then, there's been a few outbreaks of these symptoms. Some people are in hospital.
What could this be? And what could we do to find out what it is? Is there someone we can approach so they can find out if it's maybe the water. I don't wanna go to the municipality as I think they are useless.

Answer 260 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear SHM
You can take a water sample from your tap to a local private laboratory like Du Buisson or Lancet and ask them to test for bacteria. You can then go to your department of Health or Health inspector with the results if needed.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.