Ask an expert

08 Dec 2005

Erection problem due to accident.. please help
My boyfriend was seriously injured this year, as a result his nerves were cut off from the accident. i know that this bothers him that he cannot maintain a erection although it does not bother me, are there any medications that we can try so that he can regain his self confidence in the bedroom, as he is a wonderful lover.... please help!
Answer 415 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear J,
He must see an urologist who will be able to see whether this will be permanent or just something that will get better (as the nerves could grow back in some cases.) There are gadgets you can use to help to keep an erection and here also the urologist will be able to prescribe the one that will work best. It basically consists of a tube that you put under negative pressure to draw blood into the penis and induce an erection. I don't think something like Viagra would work as the message can't get through to the end-organ.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.