Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Nov 2004
I have suffered badly from excema for the past year, I use aqeaous cream, epimax, I take telfast 180 and other herbal remedies. The itching is what gets to me, it is so bad that I cannot sleep and cannot remember the last time I had a good nights sleep. I have the excema on my arms, face, back of my knees and down the sides of my back and stomach. I would just like the itching to stop so that I can sleep. I am about to be a new dad and dont want to always be grumpy from not sleeping or always be scratching - do you have any suggestion? I will try anything.
Angus, the latest and greatest medicine available is Elidel® - it is expensive, as effective as cortisone and much safer. Ask your doctor what he thinks about it. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca Covid vaccines increases mild side effects, early results show
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Questions about stability of Covid-19 platform on Day 1 of second phase vaccinations
- EXPLAINER | 5 things you need to know about phase two vaccinations
- THE ESKOM FILES | Coming home to roost: How big business helped fund Eskom exec’s chicken farm
- Karyn Maughan | After demanding his trial start, will Zuma finally plead to the case against him?
- Wandile Sihlobo | Grain production could be better than expected this year
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20327 votes