Ask an expert

02 Aug 2010

excess skin
i would just like to find out if you could tell me what the problem may be if i have skin coming out my anus when i am pushing out a stool?
i had asked my doctor who prescribed scheriproct ointment and it went away but it now appears to have come back?
i feels like i have burst a foofee value, if that is possible?
what would your advice be to me?
so glad this is
Answer 407 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Lynne
It may be a hemorroid - usually a soft swelling on the one side of the anal opening. It can be treated by something like scheriproct or proctocedyl. If it persists or do not get better with treatment, it may need removal by surgery. If it feels as if the whole circle of skin right round the opening is "falling out" it may be prolapse of the rectum which will need evaluation by a surgeon.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.