Ask an expert

20 Mar 2003

I sweat quite excessively from my head - just at the slightest exertion, also in pubic area and lower back. Trickles of sweat run down the middle back.
Underarm sweating not bad at all.
Please give some suggestions. I find this embarassing.
Answer 375 views

01 Jan 0001

Estelle, the best would be to find out if there is an underlying reason for this by having blood tests done for thyroid functions, diabetes, anaemia and maybe liver and kidney functions. You will also have to go for a good physical examination, but let me tell you right from the start that we often find nothing wrong. Treating sweating in other places is a lot easier than in the face. Attempts to surgically rectify the problem will often cause paralysis of the face and the same goes for Botox® injections. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20008 votes