Ask an expert

15 Oct 2009

I have tried everything for my underarms but nothing works. I have tried botox, driclor, odaban, liposuction, probathine and perspix and it has made no difference. I hear there are two surgerys you can do, one is to take out the sweat gland and one is to cut the nerve which I read is pretty dangerous and has many side effects. What kind of doctor would I go for this. I have no idea and want to go see someone.
Answer 526 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Women
A surgeon would probably be the right doctor for removal of the sweat glands, and a neurosurgeon is the right doctor to do the sympatectomy operation. If you decide to go for the sweat gland removal, ask your GP to find out if any of the surgeons in your area is experienced in doing the operation as I don't think it is done often?
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.