Ask an expert

21 Jan 2004

Extreme Depression
I am a 28 yr old male who previously led a gay life, approzimately 3 years ago i got married and had one child with my wife. i also adopted her two children. I am now at a point where i wish to end it all. I don't want to divorce her, however this is not the lifestyle i wish to lead and so much hangs in the balance. I've been contemplating suicide and have also been to speak to my doctor who just prescribed drugs. My wife new my past. What must i do, how do i find a solution, before it's to late. Who could i speak to, a gay psychiatrist. my time is running out rapidly. What do you suggest ?????
Answer 423 views

01 Jan 0001

Suicide, I suggest seeing a psychologist (not necessarily a gay one) and taking your wife along to at least the first session. I have a couple in my practice that went through the same thing and although they are divorced now, they see each other almost every day and share the responsibility of raising their child. They still love each other, just not in a sexual way. What I’m trying to say is that if you love her (love doesn’t have to be a sexual thing), you have to think about what happens to her if you do commit suicide. The best would be to work this through with her so that you can regain your freedom and your happiness. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19457 votes