Ask an expert

12 Jul 2010

eye operation
Hi Doc
Please advise, or maybe give me direction on where to go please. I have this huge eyes that i have inherited, it there a way to make them normal? or a was they can be pushed back a bit?
Thank you kindly
Answer 351 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Lee
It sounds as if your eyes are protruding and this may be caused by an overactive thyroid. Please ask your doctor to check? If no medical cause is found, the best doctor to see is an opthalmologist (eye surgeon) to see if they can correct it by surgery. You should also let your eye pressure be checked by the opthalmologist or an optometrist to exclude glaucoma.
dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.