Ask an expert

26 Jul 2008

Faecal Incontinence
Since last two weeks my father who is 80+ is suffering form faecal (stool) incontinence. About a year back he had a heart attack which he recovered and leads a reasonably normal life.
You advice is appreciated.
Answer 360 views

01 Jan 0001


Thank you for visiting

I strongly recommend that your father consults a gastroenterologist, in order to have a gastroscopy done, in order to find the cause for his problem. There are a multitude of reasons for his symptoms and the best will be to have a proper diagnosis made and to treat the problem accordingly.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9422 votes
68% - 19857 votes