Ask an expert

17 Aug 2010

Hi There,
I am a 35 year old male, married with 2 children. I have had concentration issues since I was very small but never properly investigated nor diagnosed. A psychologist once hinted at ADD but never took the investigations further.
For the last 3 or 4 months my concentration is worse than ever. I cannot keep my focus on one task for any length of time, am easily distracted and not performing very well with my work at all. I know what I need to do, want to do it and enjoy what I do. Somehow, I cannot maintain my focus.
I am willing to accept that I may have ADD but need advise on the appropriate type of specialist that I need to see. Is it a neurologist, psychiatrist, etc??????????
Answer 324 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Rob
Contact ADHASA or call them on 011 888-7655 Mon-Friday 9am-1pm - they will be able to tell you who the "specialist" in your area is. It usually is a neurologist but may be a psychologist in some areas.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19962 votes