Ask an expert

20 Jan 2004

Please tell me what Folliculitis is...not sure of the spelling....
I was told I have this on my body, and have been prescribed a cream, but have been no explanation as to the cause of it, or re-occurance.
Answer 355 views

01 Jan 0001

Worried, folliculitis is inflammation of the little indents around the hair of your skin. This is usually due to a bacterial infection and readily treatable with antibiotics. Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9360 votes
67% - 19293 votes