Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Mar 2004
Gastro intestinal bleeding
I recently spent a few days in ICU where i had a blood transfusion because of gastro intestinal bleeding. I have been told to stay away from oil, spicy foods and alcohol. Does this mean i cant have any of these for the rest of my life?I'm only 20! I really enjoy my wine!!
Coco, I’m sure you can go back to enjoying your life as soon as everything has healed again (about six weeks from now). Just remember to do everything in moderation and not to smoke. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- What the latest findings on the 501Y.V2 Covid variant mean for the development of vaccines
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- REFLECTION | Covid-19: How the basic education dept weathered the Covid-19 storm
- Covid-19: PPE scandals that crippled South Africa's fight against Covid-19
- Covid-19 one year on: 'First wave was like Kilimanjaro, the second like Everest' - Prof Karim
- Vaccine shortages lead to healthcare workers lying to jump queue
- Nothing prevents Parliament from acting against EFF MPs involved in fracas with Gordhan
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19401 votes